Two persons electrocuted to death, others in critical condition at Tamale

Two persons have been reported dead with others in critical condition after they were on Thursday afternoon electrocuted at Tamale in the Northern region.

According to reports, the incident happened around 4:30 pm when they decided to seek shelter in front of a nearby container during a heavy downpour.

Speaking in an interview with Adom News, an eyewitness explained an exposed electrical cable caused the electrocution.

“I sell around here and anytime it rains, that particular area gets flooded. So we were here yesterday when a group of people gathered there crying; when I rushed there, I saw two people together with a child had fallen into the flooded water,”

“Two fell into the open drain and a man in an attempt to rescue the two people was electrocuted when he touched the container,” he narrated.

The two people were confirmed dead at the Tamale Teaching Hospital while the others also receiving treatment.

Meanwhile, the Northern Regional Director of the National Disaster Management organisation (NADMO), Alhaji Abdallah Hindu confirmed the body of the young man was discovered in a drain after the rains.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *