Some unidentified men said to have kidnapped a 14-year old boy around Area 52 in Ho last Friday, October 9, made a u-turn after the person they sent the victim to reportedly rejected a male.
The victim, (name withheld) told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in an interview that he overheard a voice rejecting the kidnapper’s offer and instead said it was a girl who was preferred.
The victim spoke to the GNA whilst on a hospital bed.
The case has since been reported to the police and Ho Municipal Police Command are investigating the alleged kidnapping.
The Ho Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Mr Prosper Kofi Pi-Bansah who conveyed the victim to the Ho Municipal hospital for medical attention told the GNA that it could be a clear case of a ritual operation which went well for the victim and bad for the kidnappers.
The MCE appealed to parents and guardians to be vigilant over their children especially teenagers.
The victim told the GNA that the unidentified men took him hostage outside their gated house when he stepped out to pass urine.
He said he was blindfolded and put in a sack with his hands tied.
According to him, while in the sack, he heard a voice rejecting him as an offer because of his gender.
Contrary to the boy’s account that he stepped out of the house to pass urine, his father, Selorm Awadi, told the GNA that his son had been sent on an errand at about 9am last Friday but he failed to return home.
He said the whereabouts of his son could not be ascertained until word went round that a boy had been abandoned in a sack around the popular Mirage Pub area in Ho.
Mr Awadi said he thought that development or incident was far away from him and was never worried until the reality beaconed.
Meanwhile, hospital sources said the condition of the victim is stable.